[hvp-video url=”http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/motion/ESPNi/2018/0723/int_180723_INET_FC_JOSE_MOURINHO_FULL_INTERVIEW_REV/hls/804_6407506_HBR.m3u8″ controls=”true” autoplay=”true” loop=”false” muted=”false” ytcontrol=”false”][/hvp-video]
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said he wants two more players before the transfer window shuts but admits he may not get them.
United have signed Fred, Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant so far this summer but Mourinho is still searching for new additions.
He would like to bring two more players to Old Trafford ahead of the new season but accepts it may be difficult.
“One thing is what I would like,” he told ESPN FC. “Another thing is what is going to happen.”
Asked directly how many new signings he would like, Mourinho said: “I would get two more players.”
He went on to suggest he had two names in mind but refused to give any more details.
One position Mourinho says he is not looking to strengthen before the Aug. 9 deadline is right-back, despite an injury to Antonio Valencia.
The Ecuador international was forced off with a calf injury during the 0-0 draw with San Jose Earthquakes in Santa Clara on Sunday and Mourinho does not think the 32-year-old will be able to feature against AC Milan, Liverpool or Real Madrid in the remaining tour games.
“I don’t think he will be available to play any one of the three matches of the International Champions Cup,” Mourinho said. “It’s not a moment to take any risks. Antonio is a player that’s not a young boy anymore. We have to take care of him and to try to have him ready for the start of the season.
“We bought a fantastic player [Diego Dalot]. Young, 19 years old, but I think probably the best right-back at that age in European football.
“But he had a surgery last May and is recovering for that, so one more reason to take care of Antonio.”